PrivatSea Projects - Yacht Refits, New Builds and Yacht Design
It all began in the early 80s when PrivatSea Projects was assigned, by Helsingor Vaerft, the construction of a super yacht designed by Maierform M/Y Abdul Aziz, and completed her outfitting at Southampton Docks, from here the future of yacht refits, build and design was birthed.
Independent of any shipyard, supplier or contractor, PrivatSea Projects can fulfil the requirements of the most demanding projects including yacht design, bespoke yacht builds and yacht refits. Our teams arrange cost-effective plans, ensuring the highest quality of work is completed on time and within budget. Our clients benefit from a wealth of knowledge and expertise in all disciplines as well as the benefits leveraged from our position as a Latsis Group member.
PrivatSea Projects Services - From Overarching Management to the Depths of Yacht Refits
PrivatSea Projects provides specialised consultancy services and manages projects ranging from yacht refits and conversions to new builds.
From perception to commissioning and delivery, we interpret the inspirations of the owner with the latest technology and best craftsmanship available. PrivatSea Projects operate with full transparency ensuring that the result is a true reflection of our client’s expectations. We take pride in providing uncompromised services with every detail accounted for.
PrivatSea takes pride in completing each project to the highest standard with bespoke designs tailored specifically for each of our clients. With this in mind, we respectfully adhere to our clients’ wishes of keeping these unique projects private so you will find limited imagery in the following project examples. We will be glad to share possible designs with you during the project process when designing your yacht with you.
Yacht Design & Engineering
Below you will find examples of some of the projects in which we have been integral for yacht design and engineering during yacht refit and build stages, offering our expert advice to ensure the vessels are designed to maximise their full potential.
New 120m Yacht
Project Proteus is one of the world’s most impressive luxury yacht designs. Under PrivatSea’s project management, world-renowned designers, naval architects and marine engineers contributed to this impressive design to produce a yacht like no other. Her sleek exterior with a touch of turquoise mimics the rolling waves, and her interior reflects the finer things in life.
New 78m Yacht
Together with Azure Naval Architects and Lloyd’s Register, PrivatSea Projects embarked on a new design for a 78m Luxury Yacht. In accordance with the client’s brief, full GA, technical and engineering drawings, accompanied by exterior styling proposals, were prepared. All necessary drawings were approved by Lloyd’s and the package is complete for a construction shipyard to begin the creation of the vessel. Upon completion, the vessel exuded grace, fulfilling her owner’s wishes.
Conversion of a 77m salvage boat
The owner of a 77m ocean-going salvage tugboat requested conversion ideas from PrivatSea Projects. Our team prepared several options for the general arrangements and a full set of technical drawings and studies. Inclination tests and sea trials were performed to update stability and verify machinery condition. Exterior styling proposals and interior designs were presented by means of rendered pictures. The salvage boat was reborn to enjoy a new lease of life on the sea.
170m Yacht New Project
PrivatSea Projects was involved in the design process of a new 170m luxury yacht construction. Providing consultancy on the operational issues of the yacht, our valuable input was appreciated by the owner, the shipyard, interior and exterior styling designer and was a stable pillar in the construction of this magnificent vessel.
New Yacht Build & Conversion Projects
Below find examples of new yacht builds and conversions PrivatSea Projects have handled, each offering an insight into the bespoke services we can offer from overarching supervision to complete design and construction.
71m Private Yacht
PrivatSea Projects accomplished the delivery of the 71m yacht in just two years. Despite her size and her large engines, the noise and vibration levels achieved are considerably lower than the industry standards. This yacht can accommodate 26 people attended by 21 crew and seven staff. Such a large vessel calls for propulsion and auxiliary machinery on a commercial, rather than yacht, scale. Accordingly, the main engines are Wartsila diesel of 3,600hp each while the three MAN/Leroy Somer generators supply 480kW each. Just as with all of our projects, no detail went unaccounted for, resulting in the highest of standards.
116m Private Yacht
This vessel was built in Finland in 1990 as a cruise ship and spent most of her time as a floating casino. Given the vessel’s excellent construction, she was sold in January 2003 and moved to Greece. PrivatSea Projects had 14 months to complete the new designs and deliver the ship before the Athens Olympic Games in 2004.
The conversion project consisted of:
- Complete stern-bow-funnel-mast modification
- New bar, jacuzzi and helipad on sundeck
- New Owner’s suite and 24 luxury cabins
- New salons, dining and bar areas
- New tenders and water toys
- New AV and wi-fi systems
- New foldable embarkation ladders and gangway
71m Private Yacht Lengthening
Our client’s requested that the two children’s cabins on the upper deck be transformed into a single, spacious suite and for new spaces to be created in the lower deck to accommodate four extra cabins. After careful analysis with the latest computer modelling technologies, we suggested that the upper and bridge deck should also be extended to maintain a balanced, sleek profile and the propulsion system be extended. After approval, structural drawings and cutting files were prepared by Azure Engineering (NL). Steel and aluminium works, including the demanding task of fitting the new shafts, were subcontracted to Elefsis Shipyards. All other works such as the interior outfitting, teak decking, stainless fixtures, deck head ceilings, fairing & painting as well as all necessary updates for regulatory and safety purposes, were managed by PrivatSea Projects, who supervised the assigned local Greek contractors.
PrivatSea Projects designed and constructed a custom-made limousine tender built to the specific needs of our client, a private yacht owner. At 8m long, 2.6m wide and 1.9m high, she can comfortably accommodate up to 10 passengers. Powered by two efficient and compact inboard-outboard engines (type Mercury Diesel QSD2.8-20S (220HP) with a Stern Drive BRAVO III X 2.00/1 and assisted by one “MAX POWER” bow thruster) the tender can reach an impressive speed of 35 knots. A lifting roof hatch allows for easy access to the spacious, fully air-conditioned cabin, which is also served by one chiller unit 15,000BTU/HR.
At Privatsea, we constantly strive to not just meet but exceed our clients’ needs.
Yacht refits, like all of our projects, are bespoke and are specifically crafted to facilitate our clients’ desires. Between our teams of highly qualified engineers and designers, we can implement projects of any scale. The below cases provide just some examples of our yacht refit capabilities.
Project 68: 69m Motor Yacht
- New power generation, replacing diesel generation plant, for a higher performance
- Noise and vibration control to enhance the experience for our yacht owner’s travels
- Water quality control system
Project 67: 134m Motor Yacht
- Drydocking and surveys to ensure the yacht is maintained and upheld to the highest standard
- Main engines, generators overhauling to facilitate best performance
- Air-conditioning works including new chiller and AHUs, duct chemical cleaning and new insulation to keep the living quarters comfortable at all times
- New ethernet cabling and wi-fi, new TVRO antennas and content distribution system to facilitate all desired entertainment systems onboard
Project 66: 120 m Motor Yacht
Implementation of design to create a more functional living space to best serve our clients’ needs, including:
- New side boarding ladders and platforms
- New provisions door
- New shore power supply connection
- Interior refit works including salon and dining room plus six new cabins upgrade, all tailored to our client’s tastes
Project 65: 140m Motor Yacht
- Dry docking works and class special survey to assess for maintenance and improvements
- New shore power supply connection
- Overhauling main engines, diesel generators and ancillaries to maximise performance
- Teak works to restore and maintain the vessel’s luxury aesthetic
- IT and communication works (RDS System – IPTV – PABX – WIFI)
- New VSAT and TVRO systems
Project 59: 120m Motor Yacht
A design refit to better suit our client’s lifestyle for their maximum enjoyment of their yacht with additional performance enhancements including:
- Modification of disco area to gym and games area
- Creation of five offices, main deck fore
- Modification of four suite salons into cabins, main deck aft
- HVAC retrofit
- Water piping repair
- Refit of the service areas including galley and pantry
- Helideck upgrade including lights and re-fuelling station
- Wi-Fi Network
- 3G/4G Antennas and network
- RDS System via satellite
Project 58: 55m Motor Yacht
An overall enhancement and modernisation of this vessel including:
- Re-Launch of the yacht from long-term hard standing
- Hull & machinery special survey and overhauling works to restore class certification
- Exterior refurbishment
- HVAC overhauling
- Replacement of anti-vibration mounts & re-align cardan shafts
- Complete guest areas Interior refurbishment
- Replacement main engines for lower noise & vibration and lower low NOx-SOx emissions
Project 60: 53m Motor Yacht
Design engineering, procurement and installation of a new set of NAIAD zero stabilizers as part of a yacht refit.
Project 48: 140m Motor Yacht
Adaptions and replacements to maintain high standards of safety and performance including:
- Aft swimming platform modification
- Exterior elevator repair
- Replacement of atrium safety glass
- Starboard embarkation ladder modification
- Implementation of new security measures including the installation of diver sonar and FLIR cameras.
- New IT network and systems
Project 45: 70m Motor Yacht
Improving and refining including:
- New aft gangway
- New passenger elevator
- Refit of owner’s suite to create a bespoke space suited to their tastes
- New VSAT/TVRO, Wi-Fi network.